Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis provide facial reconstruction for patients in Baltimore, Wasthington D.C., Annapolis and the surrounding areas of Maryland.
Facial reconstruction is extremely beneficial to people suffering from any number of problems. Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis specialize in the following areas of facial reconstruction:
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Scar Revision
- Skin Cancer Treatment and Mohs Reconstruction
- Facial Lacerations and Fractures
- Microtia Repair
All of these can have a significant effect on one’s self-esteem, and that is why Facial Plastic Surgicenter’s goal is to help you overcome any one of these problems. Both Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis have significant experience in knowledge in these procedures and would love the chance to work with you.
How are Facial Reconstruction Procedures Performed in Baltimore?
Below you will find a brief overview of the facial reconstruction procedures performed at Baltimore’s Facial Plastic Surgicenter.
- Ear Lobe Repair is a procedure that lasts 30-45 minutes with the goal to restore the natural shape of the earlobes. Common problems include tears through the bottom, or keloids from old piercings.. It is performed under a local anesthesia and after about 4-6 weeks patients may get their ears pierced again.
- Scar Revision has the goal of reducing the appearance or a wide, raised or highly visible scar. This procedure uses the natural creases in one’s face to make the scar less noticeable. The length of scar revision varies depending on the patient’s scars.
- Skin Cancer Treatment is utilized by patients who have numerous, unsightly moles and may be genetically predisposed for skin cancer. A skin sample (biopsy) may be taken using microscopic examination, and if cancer is detected our doctors will remove it. This procedure varies depending on the size and growth; Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis simply excise and repair the cancer or use a topical anticancer treatment. However, if the skin cancer is found in a specialized area such as the nose or corner of the eye then Mohs Reconstruction may be required. This is an extremely effective option and it also reduces the chances of its reoccurrence. The area where the cancer is will be reconstructed by Dr. Papel or Dr. Kontis with minimal visible scarring.
- Facial Lacerations and Fractures are repaired at Facial Plastic Surgicenter. This helps recreate the original facial appearance and restore function . The technique used depends on the severity and location of the laceration or fracture.
- Microtia Repair is an area of expertise of Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis, and it is used for children who have severe abnormalities of the ear or a complete absence of ears. This reconstructive surgery can improve both the appearance of the ears and the hearing ability. Ear reconstruction is an extremely delicate procedure that produces significant results for children suffering from the birth deformity, microtia.
How Much does Facial Reconstruction Cost in Baltimore?
The cost of facial reconstruction depends on the specific reconstruction surgery needed and the severity of the patient’s needs. Coverage by insurance companies is possible, but very dependent on the type of insurance you have. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis to decide the best option for the results you desire, and then you can meet with our Patient Coordinator to discuss payment options. Baltimore’s Facial Plastic Surgicenter offers patient financing.
Before and After Photos of Facial Reconstruction Patients in Baltimore
Patients of Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis have experienced an improved quality of life after their facial reconstruction surgery. Take a look at the amazing results Baltimore and Washington D.C. patients have experienced to help you visualize the amazing results you or your child can achieve after their facial reconstructive surgery.
At Facial Plastic Surgicenter, we urge you to remember that everyone is different and your comfort with the surgeons is just as important as the final price. Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis have performed thousands of successful facial reconstructions on their patients and would love a chance to discuss procedural options with you! Contact us at our Baltimore office to schedule a consultation for your facial reconstruction and discuss all of your options.