bioCorneum® in Baltimore
Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis offer bioCorneum® silicone gel scar treatment for patients in Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Annapolis and the surrounding areas of Maryland.
What Is Biocorneum®?
Proven as a treatment for postoperative scarring, bioCorneum® is an advanced silicone gel. The topical solution has not only proved effective in improving the cosmetic appearance of scars faster than other products, it also encourages the natural physiological healing process that occurs when the skin heals. bioCorneum® is the only treatment of its kind that is approved by the FDA. It contains SPF 30 so that the skin is protected from further damage by the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun while the skin is healing.
Why Should I Use Biocorneum®?
Scars are often covered after surgical procedures, but it is very important for other preventative measures to be taken when the surgical tape or bandages are removed. The area is more susceptible to harmful sun damage, particularly fresh scars. UV rays can cause permanent changes in the skin such as dark brown pigmentation or redness. They can make the skin thicker even when the healing process is finished. BioCorneum® keeps the target area hydrated and helps smooth, soften and fade scars while alleviating any itching or pain associated with the natural process of healing.
How Should Biocorneum® Be Applied?
bioCorneum® should be applied in a thin layer over the scarred area twice a day for the best results. It is important that the gel remains in the region 24 hours a day. It only takes minutes for the gel to dry and the scar will benefit from its protective silicone barrier, which is waterproof and flexible. This treatment is recommended for 60 to 90 days for new scars while older scars should be treated for a minimum of 90 days.
How Much Does Biocorneum® Cost?
The cost of bioCorneum® depends on how big the treatment area is and how long the area needs to be treated. If you are located close to Washington, D.C., or Baltimore, MD, call the Facial Plastic Surgicenter to discuss whether bioCorneum® is the right scar treatment for you. The Facial Plastic Surgicenter accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
Fast Facts About Biocorneum®
- The application is fast and simple.
- It can be used on large areas and irregular surfaces.
- Makeup can be applied over the treatment area.
- It is the first and only patented blend of silicone that contains SPF 30 and has FDA approval.
- This is the only topical scar-reducing product that has been used on more than 2,000 patients in clinical studies to prove its efficacy and safety.
- It helps prevent abnormal scarring following medical and cosmetic surgeries; it even works for burn scars.
- It prevents skin discoloration resulting from sun exposure by incorporating sunscreen.
- The product reduces discoloration and redness.
- It relieves the discomfort and itch associated with healing.
- The gel dries fast to form a flexible and invisible silicone sheet.
- It flattens and softens raised scars.
- The gel is water resistant.
At Facial Plastic Surgicenter, we urge you to remember that everyone is different, and your comfort with the surgeons is just as important as the final price. Our aesthetician recommends bioCorneum® for our patients from Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Annapolis and the surrounding areas of Maryland and would love a chance to discuss skin care product options with you! Contact us at our Baltimore office to schedule a consultation and discuss all of your options.