Lip Augmentation in Baltimore
Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis perform lip augmentation for patients in Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Annapolis and the surrounding areas of Maryland.
What Is A Lip Augmentation?
A lip augmentation is simply a procedure designed to increase fullness in one or both of the lips. It can involve surgical or non-surgical procedures depending upon the desired results. Non-surgical procedures can include injecting dermal fillers or even your own fat cells into the lips while surgical treatments involve placing implants into the lips for more permanent results.
What Are Some Non-Surgical Options?
Several different fillers can be injected into the lips to make them appear fuller, such as the following:
- Restylane®: a product that mimics the body’s own natural supply of hyaluronic acid
- Radiesse®: a filler that reduces wrinkles and stimulates collagen production
- Dermalogen: also known as Human Tissue Matrix (HTM) because it is derived from donor tissue
- Autologen®: a product derived from a patient’s own skin
- Hylaform®: another dermal filler that also mimics the body’s own hyaluronic acid
Patients can also choose laser lip rejuvenation to help them smooth the wrinkles in this area. This procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis and will take around 30 minutes to complete.
What Are Some Surgical Options?
Surgical lip augmentation involves adding implants to help plump the lips. A few of the different implants that are available include the following:
- Gore-Tex®: a medical-grade version of the material that is used to make gear for the military. These implants are safe and effective, and most patients tolerate them quite well.
- SoftForm: made from a material similar to Gore-Tex®, these implants also provide similar results
- AlloDerm®: consists of human tissue from a donor
How Is Lip Augmentation Performed?
The technique used for lip augmentation will depend on the exact procedure chosen. Having fillers injected into the lips is much less complicated than having implants inserted. Injectable fillers can be administered in only a few minutes right here in our clinic. Implants will require the use of local anesthesia and can take longer since incisions will need to be made. Both types of lip augmentation can be performed as outpatient surgery.
How Much Does Lip Augmentation Cost?
The cost will vary depending on the extent of augmentation to your lips needed. Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis offer their patients a chance to meet with their patient coordinator after the initial consultation to discuss payment options and price. Facial Plastic Surgicenter also offers patient financing.
At Facial Plastic Surgicenter, we urge you to remember that everyone is different, and your comfort with the surgeons is just as important as the final price. Dr. Papel and Dr. Kontis have performed many successful lip augmentations on their patients from Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Annapolis and the surrounding areas of Maryland and would love a chance to discuss procedural options with you! Contact us at our Baltimore office to schedule a consultation for lip augmentation; we will go over all of your options at this appointment.