Restylane® Silk in Baltimore

Those who desire fuller lips with less visible wrinkling can visit Dr. Ira Papel, Dr. Theda Kontis, or Dr. Emile Brown for Restylane® Silk injections. They serve Washington, D.C., Baltimore and the surrounding areas in Maryland.

Restylane Silk in Baltimore, MD

What Is Restylane® Silk?

Restylane® Silk is the latest product in the Restylane® family and is designed to provide a subtle, yet noticeable change in the way the lips look. It mimics the body’s own hyaluronic acid, a substance that naturally decreases as a person ages. It differs from traditional Restylane® in that the Silk version contains smaller particles and will, therefore, produce a less dramatic result.

Benefits of Restylane® Silk

Like other products in the same family, Restylane® Silk is a non-invasive procedure approved by the FDA for use as a dermal filler. It provides a very subtle, yet noticeable improvement, resulting in lips that are fuller and smoother without undergoing an augmentation. This product is used to smooth the wrinkles and lines around the lips. As such, it can allow you to look younger without making it overly obvious you have undergone a procedure.

How is Restylane® Silk Performed?

A syringe containing anywhere from 1.0 to 1.5 ml of Restylane® Silk will be prepared. Approximately 60 percent of this solution will be injected into your bottom lip, and the remaining 40 percent will be placed in your top lip. This is done to create a more balanced appearance since the lower lip should ideally be slightly bigger than the top one. After receiving your injections, you are free to leave our office.

Preparing for Restylane® Silk

The day of your appointment, do not wear any lipstick or lip balm, as Restylane® Silk should only be applied to clean, dry lips. Aside from that, no other preparations are needed.

Restylane® Silk Recovery

You may notice some tingling, numbness or swelling at one or more injection sites. *This is normal and typically goes away within a few hours. *Swelling can last up to three days after the injection. Do not massage or ice the area injected with Restylane® Silk.

How Much Does Restylane® Silk Cost?

The exact cost is based upon the amount of Restylane® Silk needed to produce the results you desire. In addition to cash, personal checks, and major credit cards, we also offer CareCredit® financing to help make Restylane® Silk as affordable as possible.

Restylane® Silk Rewards Program

Make your Restylane® Silk treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards. You can earn exclusive rewards, bonuses, and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey. Remember to tell the staff at the office of Drs. Papel, Kontis, and Brown that you are an ASPIRE Galderma Rewards member!

Sign up for your free membership now and receive an instant reward!

Or learn more by visiting ASPIRE Galderma Rewards.

Is Restylane® Silk Right For Me?

If you want younger looking lips or are looking to get rid of the wrinkles and lines around your lips, yet wish the improvement to appear very natural, Restylane® Silk can help you achieve your goals.

Why Choose Dr. Papel, Dr. Kontis, and Dr. Brown for Restylane® Silk?

Both doctors are recognized as leaders in the cosmetic surgery industry and are also associate professors at Johns Hopkins University, where they help train future doctors. When you choose them for your Restylane® Silk procedure, you will have confidence knowing you are being cared for by some of the best physicians in the country.

What To Expect During Your Consultation

Your consultation will involve a medical screening to determine if you have any underlying conditions that would prevent you from receiving injections. The general condition of your lips and surrounding skin will also be examined to ensure there are no blisters, pimples, open sores or cracking. You will also be asked about your smile goals and afforded the opportunity to view before and after pictures of actual patients to make sure you have realistic expectations.

If you’ve always wanted fuller lips or are looking to smooth out the wrinkles and lines around your lips but don’t want results that appear artificial, you finally have an option available. Patients in Baltimore Annapolis, and Washington, D.C. are encouraged to contact the Facial Plastic Surgicenter for more information.

*Individual results may vary.
*Timeframe for recovery varies by patient.